Help for businesses and individuals who are afraid of prosecution for non-payment of e-tolls.
OUTA’s E-toll Defence Umbrella aims to defend every case of e-toll prosecution within OUTA’s contributing membership base.
We know that if any of our members were to be prosecuted for non-payment of e-tolls that this kind of defence is significantly beyond the budget, time and abilities of businesses or individuals.
- OUTA’s expanded role as a civil action organization has progressed towards a membership-based contribution model that sustainably facilitates a growing mandate from the public. Through this, we have become an effective civil society organisation – not only against e-tolls, but also by holding to account those individuals responsible for state corruption, tax abuse and irrational tax policy in South Africa.
- This fight requires the creation of operational structures with the ability to investigate, expose and – where necessary – challenge or take to court the individuals responsible for these questionable or unlawful actions. However, these very same mechanisms of attack can also effectively be used in defence against unjust prosecution – as in the case of e-tolls. Thus the introduction of OUTA’s E-toll Defence Umbrella.
- OUTA’s E-toll Defence Umbrella is aimed at supporting the vast amount of businesses and members of the public who are afraid of individual prosecution for resisting the unjust policy of e-tolls. It aims to defend every case of e-toll prosecution within OUTA’s contributing membership base if any of our members were to be prosecuted for non-payment of e-tolls. However, OUTA cannot guarantee representation, and assistance is always on the basis that society has contributed sufficient funds to make provision for any litigation costs.
- OUTA has developed a significant base of evidence and is confident in our ability to successfully defend an e-toll non-compliance case on various fronts. We know that this defence is significantly beyond the budget, time and abilities of businesses or individuals if they are ever individually prosecuted, unless they are assisted by an organisation such as OUTA.
- To fall under OUTA’s E-toll Defence Umbrella, businesses or individuals simply need to become contributing members of OUTA through either monthly or annual membership contributions.
- We function on an honour-based system whereby financial contributions to the cause are made solely at the discretion of the member and to the value they believe they can afford. There is no upward limit to donations, all of which go into the same pool.
If you are not a member of OUTA, we unfortunately cannot extend our legal defence capabilities to you.
However, all current contributing members of OUTA will fall under the ‘E-Toll Defence Umbrella’.
All current contributing members of OUTA will fall under the ‘E-Toll Defence Umbrella’. Click here to become a member.