Welcome to Donations & Membership at OUTA
Please click on one of the options below. If you are experiencing problems with the individual’s form, please download and print the manual form here.
Individual OUTA membership which extends to nuclear family (a couple and dependent children).
Small, medium and large businesses (not including fleet reliant operations).
Businesses with a significant transport or fleet component (transportation, couriers and deliveries, vehicle hire, manufacurers etc.)
The cost of OUTA membership is entirely up to you and what you can afford monthly. Should you wish to donate via monthly EFT, our banking details are; (Please use your membership number as a reference so we may link it to you and activate your membership. If you have chosen the monthly option, please make sure you use your member number as a reference each month.)
Account Holder: OUTA,
Branch: Rosebank (code 632005)
Cheque Account #: 4079154375
If you have received a summons for non-payment of e-Tolls, click here
Please note, if you are not yet a member of OUTA and have been summonsed for the non payment of e-Tolls, it is not too late and we can still help you. Please click here to contact us immediately.
OUTA membership summarised
- Although OUTA intends on defending each and every one of their members in the event of e-Toll prosecution, I understand that should I not inform OUTA of a summons being issued to myself, my OUTA membership contribution can not guarantee representation as it is not an insurance policy, but a voluntary contribution towards a civil society movement that aims to protect individual and collective rights. OUTA is not a registered short term insurer and cannot provide the benefits associated with short-term insurance.
- I am becoming an OUTA member to show solidarity with OUTA’s mission to act on my behalf as a vehicle for collective civil action.
- To fall under OUTA’s defence umbrella you need to be an OUTA member at the time a criminal or civil summons is issued against you in a court of law.
- OUTA E-Toll Umbrella Defence is limited to its contributing members, in the event of a case being brought for non-payment of Gauteng Freeway e-tolls, or other charges directly linked to e-toll non-payment, such as the withholding of vehicle licenses.
- This defence does not extend to unlawful actions such as number plate cloning or traffic fines, or withholding of vehicle licenses because of non-payment of traffic fines and other related license fee penalties.
- It is important to note that the OUTA Defence Umbrella is not an insurance policy, but a mandate from its membership to defend against unlawful government conduct. OUTA’s defence mandate stipulates that ALL active members of the OUTA member community should be defended within the full means and capabilities of the organisation, if they are ever individually or collectively targeted for prosecution or prejudiced because of e-tolls, within the financial means of the organisation.
- OUTA is not a law firm or a body of lawyers, but a non-profit organization which, amongst others activities, facilitates the legal defense of its members by practicing lawyers.
- OUTA cannot and does not guarantee the outcome of any legal matter.
- OUTA will not be held liable for any damages suffered as a result of the grossly negligent or wilful behaviour of any instructed lawyer.
- No assistance will be provided and will be retracted in the event that information is received indicating that an OUTA member was involved in any fraudulent activity regarding his/her/its e-toll account.
- Legal representation will only be facilitated once all the documents required from the member have been received by OUTA’s appointed case manager.
OUTA’s efforts to defend the rights of citizens against the irrational and inefficient e-toll scheme can only be conducted if we have sufficient funds to manage our core operational functions, which include raising a provision for potential litigation, if need be. OUTA’s management team has decided to strengthen our structure and resources for the long term challenge against SANRAL and the Department of Transport, who have clearly indicated their intention to force the e-Toll issue into place, no matter how long this takes.
In addition to the e-toll matter, OUTA will be expanding its efforts to tackle other irrational tax policies, along with corruption and maladministration of taxes.
OUTA’s core operational costs relate to salaries, rent, consultants, communication costs, media, marketing and general administration expenses. OUTA also envisages the need to build a sizeable provision for litigation for future court action.
Your commitment as a member of the public and business community, by way of a monthly debit-order, will enable us to plan and manage our affairs on an ongoing basis.
We thank you for your support.