If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Accounts Administrator
Reports to Accounts Manager
Position Type Full time
The Accounts Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all financial related transactions, the integrity of data captured on the system and other ad hoc requirements in the financial operations department of the organization. The candidate will report to and assist the Accounts Manager in everyday tasks.
- Ability to perform well without close supervision
- Attention to detail and focused
- Adaptability and sociability
- Member oriented
- Positive attitude
- Must have a passion for championing the rights of citizens
- Works to deadlines and does not procrastinate
Duties and responsibilities
The Accounts Administrator will be required to:
- Work closely with the Accounts Manager to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Support by maintaining accurate accounting records.
- Monitor timely preparation of accounts payable/receivable.
- Debtors reconciliation queries and member communication.
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including daily/monthly bank recons.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate, timeous and complete preparation of all trial balance reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Housekeeping of the assets.
- Filing of membership forms and supplier invoices.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Pastel accounting and skills.
- Invoicing, accounts reconciliation etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.