Administrative Assistant: Local
If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Administrative Assistant: Local
Reports to Provincial Manager: Gauteng
Position Type Full time
The holder of this position will be responsible for ensuring the effective administration of the Local Provincial department as well as the monitoring and engaging through various social media platforms to keep the channels updated and brand-focused. The incumbent will be familiar with office management technologies and will be able to identify and address the needs of the department whilst performing administrative tasks to ensure the workflow runs smoothly. The purpose of the social media aspect of this position is not only to engage with our supporters, but to show them that we are listening. This position requires diligence, and a good communicator who has a broad understanding of all relevant projects and campaigns and a passion for championing the rights of others.
- Creative flair
- Excellent communication ability, both written and oral
- Detail orientated
- Writing and reporting skills
- Scheduling, time management and organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Calm under pressure
- Works to high standards and according to deadlines
- Tactful, diplomatic and careful in responses with a personable and friendly nature
- Team Player with a highly developed EQ
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the credibility of the organisation is maintained through accurate, transparent, non-racist, non-sexist, apolitical and non-religious communication.
- Pre-emptively identify potential risks to avoid crises.
- Monitor the content of external posts on our platforms to ensure they comply with organisational standards
- Effectively communicate the vision, values and mission of the organisation
- Respond appropriately and timeously to comments and queries
- Engage with stakeholders, online influencers and on occasion, media.
- Communicate events formulated by spokesperson(s) to social feeds.
- Engage in debates and conversations in a transparent, credible and informed manner.
- Engage with communities to analyse trends and generate ideas
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Make travel arrangements
- Drafting letters and documents;
- Collecting and analyzing information;
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining soft and hard copies of all.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting, recording text, data, and graphics.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs of a high quality
- Answering or directing inquiries through various mediums such as telephonic, in person or via email etc.
- Experience in managing and maintaining social pages
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience as an administrative assistant
- Solid experience with office management systems
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Proficient in various software packages
- Ability to work accurately, with an attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- 3 year degree or similar
- 2 years experience in similar role
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to email@example.com. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV – https://assess.predictiveindex.com/mzzGR