Communications Manager: Local
If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Communications Manager: Local
Reports to Operations Manager: Local
Position Type Full time
The holder of this position will be responsible for devising, implementing and managing all internal and external communications for the local division, ensuring messages are consistent with the OUTA communications policy. The successful candidate will drive the division’s communication initiatives, strategically ensuring the professionalism of the organisation is portrayed, when utilising various mediums. The incumbent will provide leadership, guidance and support to the Local Communications team. A particular note needs to be given to the fact that the position requires a propensity to working to tight deadlines and at a fast pace within a team environment.
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Quick-thinking, intelligent, articulate
- Excellent communication ability, both written and oral
- Demonstrable experience in public interest campaigning
- Ability to create and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Highly organized and practical
- Interest in social and economic justice and human rights
- Excellent mediation abilities
- Ability to stand for what is believed as right
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Executive Committee to generate and implement the company’s Communications Policy and procedures
- Generate plans for specific projects, campaigns and events, working in collaboration with the relevant department(s) and branches
- Liaise and engage with various role players maintaining absolute confidentiality at all times.
- Analysing media monitoring, data and information ensuring the division uses the information effectively to increase brand awareness.
- Keep abreast of latest information and technology specific to the Communications field
- Ensuring the division’s website is accurate and updated
- Ensuring the supporter communications are conducted in accordance with the strategy and policies and procedures
- Developing, Maintaining and building external media relationships
- Review of the Local Communications strategy bi-annually, diarized and attended by ExCo members.
- Policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a regular basis
- Oversee and monitor the administration of the in-house project management system, ProofHub.
- Training, growth and development of staff
- Providing support, guidance and effective management of the team.
- Engagement and overall wellness of communications team.
- Journalism or related degree
- Minimum of ten years’ journalism experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning and communication policy development
- Experience managing / leading a team
- Understanding and knowledge of political, economic and social context
- Communication for development or behavior change
- An excellent working knowledge of IT and all applications relating to communications
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV – https://assess.predictiveindex.com/6aa3p