If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Copywriter
Reports to Communications Manager: National
Position Type Full time
The holder of this position will work mainly in the Marketing and Communication departments, writing persuasive and thought-provoking copy for numerous campaigns. The copywriter, or creative content provider, needs to able to capture the intended audience’s attention in a few words and sometimes an image or two. The incumbent will be responsible for crafting engaging copy by maintaining the messaging and brand voice across various channels resulting in a stronger connection with our target market and our current supporters. The successful candidate will be working in a high-energy open plan environment, so good interpersonal skills and a high EQ are crucial for this role.
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication/editing ability, both written and oral
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to deliver a powerful message through a few select words and images is a must
- High energy and maturity
- Self-starter; able to work independently
- Work well in a team
- An eye for detail
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit.
- Creative, punchy messaging that is enticing.
- Write marketing copy for use by publication or broadcast media with the intention of financial growth.
- Develop creative copy for advertising.
- Research, write, edit and proof all levels of copy including headlines and body copy, for all online, offline, external and internal needs.
- Proposing ideas and options to campaigns leaders.
- Overseeing the production phase.
- Writing across multiple channels, with the ability to simplify jargon and make content engaging without losing its technical meaning.
- Convert print copy to web copy.
- Ensuring content is succinct, factually correct, contextual, relevant, engaging, conversational and in develop OUTA’s writing style.
- Maintain high standards of spelling and grammar.
- Liaising with campaign leaders, helping them to refine content angles and content.
- Attending meetings, providing input, content ideas and feedback.
- Regular discussions over campaigns to ensure the core message is communicated to the target audience
- Brainstorming and conceptualizing visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
- Proofread adeptly and editing
- Researching and sourcing material for writing
- Stay up to date with organisational news and developments.
- Thoroughly check newsletters etc. and correct errors, inconsistencies and omissions.
- Portfolio of evidence demonstrating strong copywriting skills, predominantly for digital marketing activity.
- Media, Journalism, Brand, Marketing or Communications degree
- Background in advertising agency
- Interest in commerce, politics, popular culture etc.
- Establish most effective means to disseminate messages to the right audiences
- Up to date with the latest trends and techniques in marketing and communications
- Understanding of SEO
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to email@example.com. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV – https://assess.predictiveindex.com/pne6Z