Job title: Junior Bookkeeper
Reports to Finance Manager
Fixed Term Contract
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all finance-related transactions, the integrity of data captured on the system and other ad hoc requirements in the financial operations department of the organization. The candidate will report to and assist the Finance Manager / Accountant in everyday tasks.
Attributes and abilities
• Ability to perform well without close supervision
• Attention to detail and focused
• Adaptable and mature
• Positive attitude with an energetic nature
• Must have a passion for championing the rights of citizens
• Works to deadlines and does not procrastinate
• Self-starter with initiative
• Must have a passion for finance and a willingness to grow within the department
• Trustworthy and honest
Duties and responsibilities
The Junior Bookkeeper will be required to:
• Work closely with the Finance Manager / Accountant to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
• Support by maintaining accurate accounting records.
• Monitor and capture timely preparation and allocation of accounts payable, including petty cash.
• Supporter communication / finance queries, encompassing invoicing, statements etc.
• Ad hoc switchboard
• Support month-end and year-end close process, including daily/monthly cash book transactions.
• Assist with the accurate, timeous and complete preparation of all trial balance reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Assist with housekeeping of the assets.
• General clerical duties.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Pastel/Sage One accounting.
• Qualification in Junior Bookkeeping required, with a knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Invoicing, accounts reconciliation etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Head Office: Oak Street, Ferndale, Randburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to email@example.com Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgment of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV