|Job title||Multimedia Producer|
|Reports to||Communications Manager|
The holder of this position will be responsible for each multimedia production from conception to completion and may also provide input into the marketing and distribution process. The incumbent will work closely with participants on shoots and will need to have directing skills to take charge of all production project operations, whilst adeptly communicating the project’s message and organisation’s mandate and brand.
- Calm under pressure
- Works to high standards
- Deadline driven Strong organizer
- Able to motivate a team
- Good business sense
- Problem-solver, Detail orientated
- Excellent communication ability, both written and oral
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Duties and responsibilities
The Producer will be required to, amongst other responsibilities:
- Regularly communicate with the Communications Manager and provide input on ideas for conceptualizing project objectives through productions.
- Creative conceptualising
- Ensure pre-production planning is robust and thorough, so as to reduce resources being wasted once production is under way.
- Scriptwriting / Source suitable writers if required
- Interveiwing a wide demographic / Source key staff, which could include a director, crew etc.
- build and develop a network of relevant contacts
- supervise the progress of the project from production to post production
- troubleshoot production issues
- ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws
- Liaise with the post-production team, the director, the marketing department and the distribution agents on the finished film to ensure quality and effective distribution
- Provide the financial department with all related cost reports, receipts, invoices etc. as they pertain to the production budget
Required Experience and qualifications
- Journalism or equivalent
- 3 – 5 year’s work experience in broadcasting
- Understanding of the power of words and visuals in delivering content that is empowering, informative and interesting
- In depth understanding and knowledge of creative processes of filmmaking
- Passionate about technology, audio visuals, script writing and story treatment
- Understanding of associated laws and procedures required
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Position Type: Permanent
Remuneration: Market related
If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Kindly submit your resume to the link below. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.