|Job title||Social Media Coordinator|
|Reports to||Communications Manager|
The holder of this position will be responsible for engaging with current and potential supporters through various social media platforms, keeping the channels updated and brand-focused. The position will require that the incumbent develops content and strategies aimed at reducing reputational risk online and creating and improving upon brand awareness. This position requires diligence, and a good communicator who has a broad understanding of all relevant projects and campaigns and a passion for championing the rights of others.
Attributes and Capabilities
- Excellent communication ability, both written and oral
- High EQ
- Proactive and efficient reactive skills
- Maturity and social awareness suitable enough to engage with a wide demographic
- Calm under pressure
- Works to high standards
- Tactful, diplomatic and careful in responses with a personable and friendly nature
- Team Player
Duties and responsibilities
This person should have superior people skills, be a good communicator, have the foresight to assess potential opportunities, and be able to prioritize.
The Social Media Coordinator must:
- Ensure the credibility of the organisation is maintained through accurate, transparent, non-racist, non-sexist, apolitical and non-religious communication.
- Accurately and creatively deliver OUTA’s communication mandate to inform and educate the public
- Monitor the content of external posts on our platforms to ensure they comply with organisational standards
- Effectively communicate the vision, values and mission of the organisation
- Respond appropriately and timeously to comments and queries
- Communicate events formulated by spokesperson(s) to social feeds.
- Engage in debates and conversations in a transparent, credible and informed manner.
- Produce digital and social media content
- Produce thumb stopping content
- Work closely with the marketing analyst to monitor trends and engagement
- Diplomatically engage and manage negative comments
Required Knowledge / Know how
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Proficient in various software packages
- Ability to work accurately, with an attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / qualification in Sociology, politics, philosophy and / or English or related
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in online social media
- Solid experience working with all social media platforms (incl. Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Position Type: Full-Time
Remuneration: Market related
If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated person who enjoys taking on challenging projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Kindly submit your resume to the link below. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgment of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.