If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Local Government Provincial Manager: Western Cape
Reports to Operations Executive / Executive Director
Position Type Full time
The holder of this position will be responsible for the successful management, growth and sustainability of the OUTA Local branches within the specified province, and the alignment of the branches with the mission, vision and values of OUTA. The successful candidate will identify, manage and oversee relevant projects, engage with local and provincial government and supervise operations, whilst regularly liaising with the OUTA head office. This position requires an experienced manager with strong leadership skills and outstanding communication abilities who has a keen interest in South Africa’s community interests.
Tributes and Capabilities
- Energized, self-starter
- Organised, strategic and lateral thinker
- Highly motivated, goal orientated
- Leadership qualities
- Independent and works to deadlines
- High EQ
- Does not procrastinate
- A civil action and activist mindset
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Strong capabilities in building support amongst a wide range of stakeholders
- Influencing, leading and delegating skills
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Financial acumen
Duties and responsibilities
The Provincial Manager will be required to:
- Attend municipal and provincial events, including council meetings, Section 80 committee meetings etc. to gather information and identify potential projects
- Analyse information obtained by branch managers to identify relevant projects
- Scrutinise provincial and municipal reports and budgets for errors, corruption, maladministration and irregularities
- Project management in line with OUTA’s Project policies and procedures
- Monitor municipal and provincial projects; with a focus on timeous delivery and budgets
- Act as spokesperson on matters pertaining to scope of the position
- Keep abreast of latest news, information and techniques specific to position.
- Execution of projects relating to local government matters, nationally and provincially
- Factual, concise and well-written reports and letters
- Manage and oversee the recruitment and requirements of staff, including appraisals etc.
- Manage the allotted budget for the provincial office and oversee the management of the allotted branch budgets within the province.
- Manage office requirements
- Ensure all relevant information and documents are published timeously to the OUTA website and displayed in the correct, chosen areas.
- Oversee the management of the social media pages and responses for branches under position.
- Manage administration and handling of queries pertaining to branches under position
- Ensure compliance for position with proper information systems for reporting, OUTA policies and procedures, and statutory requirements.
- Monthly and weekly feedback reports to OUTA Head Office
- Generate and increase supporter base continuously
- Assist in campaigning and fundraising
- Manage relationships with partner organisations within and outside of OUTA so as to maximize the impact of campaigns.
- Project Management experience is advantageous
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a management position.
- Local or Provincial Government experience beneficial
- Degree in a legal or related field required
- Working knowledge of legal and local government terminology
- Finances and accounting
- MFMA, PFMA, Municipal Systems Act, Municipal Structures Act, etc.
- Proficient in various software packages eg. Microsoft Office, Project Management etc.
- Keen interest and drive to find solutions on local and provincial issues affecting service delivery, maladministration and mismanagement by officials and politicians
Main Office: Western Cape (to be determined), South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV – https://assess.predictiveindex.com/e5My6