HOW DOES OUTA INTEND TO CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO AT SABC?
There are a number of ways to challenge this unacceptable situation at the SABC, some of which are:-
- To publicly comment and express our disgust and concerns relating to these developments.
- To write to the Board and Management of the SABC to ask for reasons and clarity about these unacceptable developments.
- To seek senior counsel opinion on what legal steps can be taken to challenge the situation.
- To seek legal opinion on a review of the TV License matter.
- Participation in protest actions.
- Show solidarity for those journalists who have been suspended for their actions to challenge and question the SABC’s policies.
- To evaluate and contemplate the possibility of a campaign to impact on the public’s revenue expenditure toward the SABC, by way of:-
- Questioning why businesses and organisations are advertising with the SABC.
- Question and challenging the need for the public to pay their TV Licenses. (insert link to the next piece here)