If you are an energised, self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on complex projects with a civil action and activist mind-set, then this position may be for you.
Job title Projects & Research Coordinator
Reports to Portfolio Manager
Position Type Full time
The Projects & Research Coordinator will report directly to the Portfolio Manager and will be the principle administrative liaison, responsible for ensuring the effective coordination of project resources and other ad hoc requirements of the portfolio manager. This candidate will also offer research support, including retrieval of relevant information and assist the Portfolio Manager in everyday tasks. The Coordinator must be well-organised, capable of working under pressure, able to multitask with a high attention to detail.
Tributes and Capabilities
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Excellent Language Skills
- Strong report writing proficiency
- Strong service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain a pleasant working environment; calm and patient demeanour
- Highly organized and practical
- Positive attitude
- Adaptability and team player
- Ability to stand for what is believed as right
Duties and responsibilities
The Project & Research Coordinator must:
- Courteously assist the portfolio team with their administrative requirements, such as calendar management, expense reports and travel arrangements;
- General clerical duties including but not limited to creating memos, writing letters, minuting of high performance meetings etc;
- Creating and modifying various documents, assist with preparation of document submissions and presentations;
- Maintenance, control and management of document library;
- Coordinate activities and resources for projects which impact multiple departments / projects.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, including administrative tasks and sites involved in the project(s)
- Administrative assistance to the Portfolio Manager with regards to the in-house project management system (eg: ProofHub).
- Provide input as requested into various, concurrent research projects as requested and submit at an acceptable level using both verbal and technological means;
- Maintain a high level of academic integrity in research submitted, double checking against all possible checks, before passing on, avoiding plagiarism;
- Regular updating of various databases, systems, programs etc.;
- Assisting the Portfolio Manager in the compilation of project reports and presentations, Spreadsheet compilations, data and evidence gathered into reports;
- Act as liaison between team members and anyone involved in the project
- 2-5 years’ experience in a research or project management field
- Qualification in related field, such as research or project management advantageous
- Telephone and email etiquette
- Competency in various software packages such as Microsoft Excel and Projects
- Project Management assistance
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV – https://assess.predictiveindex.com/3OgzR