Conditions of being a supporter
- As a funding supporter I show solidarity with OUTA’s mission to act on my behalf as a vehicle for collective action by tackling cases of maladministration and corruption, largely within state-owned entities and the public service. I acknowledge that OUTA will from time to time, launch legal protection and defence programs aimed at defending its members on specific matters and I as a funding supporter will receive said defence.
- I am aware OUTA is a non-profit organisation and I can at any time, cancel my monthly debit order or other funding method.
- OUTA’s E-Toll Defence Umbrella Program.
- Although OUTA intends on defending each and every contributing supporter in the event of e-Toll prosecution, I understand that should I not inform OUTA of a summons being issued to myself, my contribution can not guarantee representation as it is not an insurance policy, but a voluntary contribution. OUTA is not a registered short-term insurer and cannot provide the benefits associated with short-term insurance.
- I understand that to stand under OUTA’s E-Toll defence umbrella, I need to be a contributing OUTA supporter at the time a criminal or civil summons is issued against me in a court of law.
- OUTA’s E-Toll Umbrella Defence is limited to funding supporters, in the event of a case being brought for non-payment of Gauteng Freeway e-tolls, or other charges directly linked to e-toll non-payment, such as the withholding of vehicle licenses.
- This defence does not extend to unlawful actions such as number plate cloning or traffic fines, or withholding of vehicle licenses because of non-payment of traffic fines and other related license fee penalties.
- I understand the OUTA Defence Umbrella is not an insurance policy, but a mandate from its membership to defend against unlawful government conduct. OUTA’s defence mandate stipulates that ALL active supporters of the OUTA community should be defended within the full means and capabilities of the organisation, if they are ever individually or collectively targeted for prosecution or prejudiced because of e-tolls, within the financial means of the organisation.
- OUTA is not a law firm or a body of lawyers, but a non-profit organization which, amongst others activities, provides legal defense of e-TOll related matters for its supporters, by practicing lawyers.
- OUTA cannot and does not guarantee the outcome of any legal matter.
- OUTA will not be held liable for any damages suffered as a result of gross neglect or wilful behaviour of any instructed lawyer.
- OUTA’s legal defence and/or assistance will be retracted in the event information is received indicating my involvement in any fraudulent activity regarding my e-toll account.
- Legal representation of a supporter will only be facilitated once all the documents required have been received by OUTA’s appointed case manager.
last edit – 8 September 2016