OUTA Conditions of Membership
- In becoming a contributing member of OUTA, I do so to show solidarity with OUTA’s mission to act on my behalf as a vehicle for collective civil action in the areas of that OUTA conducts its work, which in general seeks to challenge the abuse of authority by tackling cases of state maladministration and corruption, largely within state owned entities and the public service.I acknowledge that OUTA will from time to time, launch legal protection and defence programs aimed at defending its members on specific matters it has chosen to challenge and that as a contributing member, I will be provided with the protection indicated in each program.
- I am aware that OUTA is a non-profit organisation and that at any time, I can cancel my monthly debit order or other method of donating to OUTA.
- OUTA’s E-Toll Defence Umbrella Program.
- I understand that to fall under OUTA’s E-Toll defence umbrella, I need to be an OUTA member at the time a criminal or civil summons is issued against me in a court of law.
- I understand that the OUTA Defence Umbrella is not an insurance policy, but a mandate from its membership to defend against unlawful government conduct. OUTA’s defence mandate stipulates that ALL active members of the OUTA member community should be defended within the full means and capabilities of the organisation, if they are ever individually or collectively targeted for prosecution or prejudiced because of e-tolls, within the financial means of the organisation.
- OUTA cannot and does not guarantee the outcome of any legal matter.
- No assistance will be provided and OUTA’s legal defence support will be retracted in the event that information is received indicating that an OUTA member was involved in any fraudulent activity regarding his/her/its e-toll account.
last edit – 8 September 2016